The History of the Iowa Lyceum
The Iowa Lyceum promotes philosophy and critical thinking by offering a free week-long summer camp. The program introduces participants to philosophy interactively by integrating activities, discussion, games, and lecture, presenting philosophical concepts often neglected in standard K-12 education.We believe philosophy is essential to a well-rounded education and that the intellectual habits cultivated by philosophical education are paramount to a civil society, so why wait until college?!
Why Study Philosophy?
- "Philosophy Majors Make More Money Than Majors in any other Humanities Field"
- "Surprise: Humanities Degrees Provide Great Return on Investments"
- "The Earning Power of Philosophy Majors"
- "Why Every Student Should Study Philosophy"
- "The Truth about Philosophy Majors"
- "Mark Cuban Says that Studying Philosophy May Soon be Worth More than Computer Science--here's why"
- "Opinion| Robert E. Rubin: Philosophy Prepared Me for a Career in Finance and Government"
- "Anatomy of a Graduation Speech"
- "How (and When) to Think Like a Philosopher"
- "Is a Philosophy Degree Useful?"
- "For Philosophy Majors, the Question After Graduation is: What Next?"
- "Be Employable, Study Philosophy"
- "The Unexpected Way Philosophy Majors are Changing the World of Business"
- "5 Reasons Why Philosophy Majors Make Great Entrepreneurs"
- "That 'Useless' Liberal Arts Degree has become Tech's Hottest Ticket"
- "A Harvard Medical School Professor Makes the Case for the Liberal Arts and Philosophy"