New Iowa Lyceum Publication
A few of the Lyceum graduate student organizers--Danielle Colburn, Cassie Finley, and Joe Glover--published a chapter on the value of pre-college philosophy and the Iowa Lyceum in Intentional Disruption: Expanding Access to Pre-College Philosophy. Our chapter can be read here, or the book can be purchased directly from Vernon Publishing here.
The 2022 Iowa Lyceum will be held both in-person and over Zoom so that we can continue providing access to the program to international and non-Iowa students, while also providing the in-person experience to those in the Iowa City area.
- The American Philosophical Association has awarded us a grant! See the press release here.
- PLATO calls the Iowa Lyceum "A Model for Pre-College Philosophy Programming"! In their write-up, we give instructions on how to set up your own Iowa Lyceum! See here.
- We got some coverage in Daily Nous and from the University of Iowa!
- Co-Founder Greg Stoutenburg interviewed about the Lyceum!
- We are in the NEWS!
- March 11th, 2014: We are ecstatic to announce that, thanks to generous donations from Professor Diane Jeske (of the UI Department of Philosophy), The College of Liberal Arts & Sciences at the University of Iowa, The Office of the Provost at the University of Iowa, and The University of Iowa Division of Continuing Education, the Iowa Lyceum has been funded for the next three years!!!